Saturday, January 13, 2007

Festival of Under 30 Finance #12 Summary

The Finance Journey is hosting the Festival of Under 30 Finances #12. This is apparently a relatively new blog festival, and it's my first time participating, but there are some good articles, many relevant to the under 30 crowd (who would've thunk it?)

My Opinion on Everything describes his Battle with Paypal. Personally, I've never had any problems with Paypal, but apparently there are a lot of folks out there who are getting ripped off. Since Paypal currently has a monopoly on the eBay market, it's hard to not use it if you're an eBayer, but word on the street is that Google is coming out with something to compete with eBay in the near future because many people are dissatisfied with eBay's increasing prices and the poor service of Paypal. Competition is great, no?

English Major's Money presents Pragmatic Personal Finance Tips For College Students: Small Liberal Arts Schools And Beyond! I couldn't have put it better myself. That's why she's the English major, and I'm not.

And last, but not least, Ask Uncle Bill explains why raising the minimum wage is a popular but stupid idea. While I can't say I agree with all of his opinions, I do like the way he presents his arguments because he presents them in a logical, coherent manner. I think it's especially good to hear the other side of the argument because it always keeps you thinking.

That's it for now. I'll be posting a few articles this weekend, so be on the lookout!

StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home