Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Festival of Frugality #56 Summary

I'm taking part in the Festival of Frugality #56 hosted by Savvy Steward with my article Best Book Prices. I really like the theme the host created with the Ten Commandments of Frugality - mine is number 4.

Here are some other articles of interest (or at least I found them interesting).

"Walking in a Winter Wonderland for $1300" by The Digerati Life. Sure $1300 is expensive, but for 7 people? Not too shabby. His way is the way to go when traveling. As students, it's easy to find a bunch of people to go, and fun times can be had on the cheap if you're splitting costs a bajillion (apparently, spell check thinks this isn't a real word) ways.

"Paying for Branding" by An English Major's Money. No, not that "MOO" kind of cow branding, the branding as in Gucci, Coach, Juicy Couture, and all the other stuff I could neither afford nor want.

"Traditional Food Preservation" by Wisdom from Wenchypoo's Mental Wastebasket. I'm not sure what this has to do with finance except how food rots, but I still like it. If you like this article, I'd recommend "On Food and Cooking" by Harold McGee. Alton Brown of Good Eats cites it in his books, and I got a chance to read it over Christmas break. It's extremely informative, perhaps even too much, and the science/culture nerd in me loves knowing everything about food. If you want to get it cheaply, I wrote how in a previous post..... in fact, the same one that was in this carnival! Even if you want to spend lots of money on it, please buy used because this book is ginormous (again, spell check does not likey me words). If you buy it new, just think, you'll be cutting down 5 more trees just to print this book - ok, so maybe that's a slight hyperbole (no, it's not another BCS bowl game) - but I have other good reasons.

That's it for now, happy reading!

StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home