Thursday, December 28, 2006

New Year's Resolution #1

I'm normally not one to make New Year's resolutions. I'm not sure whether it's because I feel pretty satisfied with my life or because I doubt my ability to keep them. Still, with the new semester coming up, I'm anticipating my life to become busier, so I need to manage my time even more efficiently, and I think setting these resolutions will help. Without further ado, here is my New Year's resolution #1.

1. Donate half of the proceeds from this site
The word "stingy" has a rather negative connotation. At least when I think of stingy, I think of a particular Dickensian character. I'm not really stingy, or so I like to believe - I just chose the name Stingy Students because I like alliteration. Yeah, I know, weird. I like to think I'm pretty generous when it comes to other people - I just dislike spending money on myself. In fact, I think generosity is one of the most important qualities one needs to possess, which is why this is my first resolution.

I have several links on this site, located in the sidebar. Trust me, all of these sites are completely legitimate (as opposed to those illegitimate bastard sites). I recommend them because they help you save money. I will never put a link on my site solely for the purpose of making money - google Adsense, amazon products, etc. - because they don't necessarily help you save money. (I'll address this in a future post) With that said, some of these links on my site earn me a referral fee. Like I said, it costs you nothing, in fact is saves you money, and if I can earn a referral fee, we both win, right? Well, I don't think that's enough. I do this because I like to pretend that people enjoy listening to me ramble. Although I could really use the money since my net worth will be negative for the next decade or so, I think there are people out there who could use it more.

Therefore, I am pledging to donate half of the proceeds from this site next December. I haven't decided yet on which cause, but I recently discovered this new organization, Modest Needs, and I am leaning towards them right now. Do you have any suggestions? As soon as I fix up this site, I plan on creating a running tally on a sidebar, but for now, I have $10 in referrals from Ebates.

Running tally:
December '06 - $5

All of this hinges on you, the reader, and I mean the real ones, not the imaginary ones I make up in my head. I am hoping that this blog grows, and I'll be able to donate lots and lots of money to a good cause.

New Year's Resolution #2 coming up next....

StumbleUpon Toolbar

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat! Good Luck!

December 29, 2006 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home