Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Festival of Frugality

Another article! Money $mart Life is hosting the Festival of Frugality #54, and I submitted my article Dell coupon. Yeah, probably not the best article ever, but I was hoping someone could actually use it... no has contacted me yet though. I'm going to post it over on FatWallet Forums soon if no one claims it.

There seem to be less articles this time, and out of those, not as many relevant to students, but here are two I found to be interesting:

My Wealth Builder explains how to "Do it yourself and save money" I totally like DIY projects, not just because it saves money, but what's more manly that being able to fix your own things? I'm planning an article on another DIY project I'll probably do in a couple of months.

Probably even more relevant is My Two Dollar's demonstration of "How a $3.85 drink at Starbucks affects your bottom line." There are so many people in my class who buy coffee every morning, and I can't help but imagine how much money they could save if they just brewed their own cup every morning and brought it in a mug. Even if they bought the best brewer and best coffee, they'd recoup their costs in a couple of months.

By the way, I'd like to welcome all the readers from Boston Gal's Open Wallet. After she mentioned me on her site, I noticed I've been getting a lot of traffic from her. When I first started reading her blog, I remember wondering what we could possibly have in common. She's making money - I'll be losing money for 3.5 more years. She's a girl - I'm a guy. She's in Boston - I'm in Georgia. Her website looks good - mine is in need of several facelifts. But as time keeps passing, I hope to accomplish some of the things she has accomplished, and maybe we'll have more in common, except for the whole gender thing. I'll keep mine as is.

That's about it for now. I'm trying to fix up my site a little more, so watch out for more modifications.

StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home