Friday, December 22, 2006

Five things you didn't want to know about me

Wow, that's pretty amazing. The past couple of weeks, I've made a semi-serious commitment to this blog after realizing that this is something I could write about every so often without getting bored (maybe I should've been an econ major). In that time, I've probably had the same number of visits to my site as the past 4 months combined, and I seem to be getting some attention at other blogs, so thanks to those of you who keep coming and turning this into a blog with a real readership instead of the imaginary readership for whom I was writing before.

Boston Gal over at Boston Gal's Open Wallet tagged me to continue the "Five things you don't know about me" chain that's spreading through the various personal finance blogs. So, here goes:

1. I sang in an acappella group in college. You'd never know though because I rarely sing in public, unless I'm rather intoxicated at a karaoke bar. I was never a great soloist, but I can blend better than a Waring. Somehow though, I got paid to sing in Hebrew for some sort of Jewish Cantata..... despite the fact that I'm not Jewish. Check out my old group at www.ahanasings.com

2. I'm a Fourth of July baby, so I assume those fireworks are for me. On the downside, I never got to celebrate my birthday during the school year. When I discovered that my 11th grade math teacher brought cupcakes on people's birthdays, I lied about my birthday, and she found out.... but she still brought cupcakes!

3. I'm a human garbage disposal, a la Kobayashi, yet I still weigh only 150 lbs. I'm anticipating my metabolism will catch up with me eventually, so I should probably cut back on my eating, which will also help with spending. I think it's the makings of a New Year's resolution.

4. I cannot float for the life of me. I think my head is too light and my legs too heavy.

5. And my most embarassing secret: I've danced before.... in a group.... in public..... to the infectious beats.... of N'Sync (I was Joey). We were actually semi-celebrities at our school because we were the only ones in the Dance Company with the balls - or perhaps lack of shame - to dance a completely unoriginal, played out dance to the remix of several N'Sync songs. It was actually quite demanding, and I think it's made me a better dancer, but you'll probably never see me do it again..... although I hear there's a DVD of our performance floating around out there.

I'm just going to go ahead and tag the people who I have received traffic from but haven't done this yet. If you want to be on this list, leave a comment, and I'll stick you on here too. MotherLoad, Money and Values, Savvy Steward, and Hustler $$$ Blog - you're it!
StumbleUpon Toolbar

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I eat and I eat and I don't gain any weight either because my metabolism is so fast.

December 27, 2006 at 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home