Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Free airline miles!

You're sitting at your computer right now "doing homework" or waiting for the first assignment of the day to come to your desk (even though you had to get to work at 8 this morning). Instead of wasting time reading blogs like mine, what if you could spend that time earning free airline miles? This is what the founders of e-miles had in mind. All you have to do is "watch" a few ads and answer some questions about them, and poof, you have free miles! Of course you're probably not going to earn yourself a free ticket anywhere just by doing this, but if you just need a few more miles for your next free flight, things like this can help. They say that When you rack up 500 miles, they can be transfered to the frequent flyer program of your choice (currently, Delta, Northwest, Continental, and US Airways are taking part).

Another strategy I use to earn free miles is eating. Yes, eating. Many airlines offer miles for dining programs run by the Rewards Network. All you have to do is to register a credit card with the program, and whenever that card gets used at participating restaurants, you get credited miles. Sure, I don't eat out that much.... but my parents do. With the frequent bonuses they were giving out last year, I earned several thousand free miles through this program. The only complaint I have about this program is that the number of restaurants is kind of limited,
but beggars can't be choosers, right?

If you want to learn about some more ways to earn frequent flyer miles, here are some other resources, for your edification:

Flyertalk - Sort of the FatWallet of flying. Members post deals, experiences, and anything else you want to know about getting the most air for your buck.

Free Frequent Flyer Miles - I just found this as I was writing this up, but it has some useful information about ways to earn frequent flyer miles. I guess it's kind of the Cliff Notes version of the above. I especially recommend the Student Programs section.

StumbleUpon Toolbar

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting information. Do you really feel urgent need for additional airmiles? I have never think about it before, I just use my Amex Blue sky. But i think watching ads kills time. May be you should spend this time for raising money.

February 12, 2007 at 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting information. Do you really feel urgent need for additional airmiles? I have never think about it before, I just use my Amex Blue sky. But i think watching ads kills time. May be you should spend this time for raising money.

February 12, 2007 at 2:32 AM  
Anonymous Free Airline Miles said...

Awesome post. I used some of this information to write a blog post on this subject at my personal finance blog. Very informative.

November 4, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home