Friday, January 26, 2007

Carnival of Students 6th Edition

We had some super submissions this week for the Carnival of Students 6th Edition.

Successfiles.org describes how to quit procrastinating. While the post title mentions free beer tomorrow, it's mentioned no where else in the post. Perhaps it was one of those gimmicks to draw attention? If so, it worked beautifully on this alcohol appreciator.

CampusGrotto lists 12 ways to improve yourself over winter break. A little too late for me since I sat around being a waste of space for 2 weeks, but maybe next year.

Debra Moorhead, continuing the kick of self-improvement so common in the new year, shows how to set goals you can actually achieve.

Rich Dad Says the job outlook for the class of 2007 looks pretty good. My question is, how good does the class of 2007 look?

Although many of us are driven to succeed academically and professionally, Live the Power describes an atypical success - her high school English teacher. I may be a bit biased given my teaching background, but I believe teaching is one of the most underappreciated yet important professions in our society. The amount of influence teachers can have is enormous. I'm glad that Live the Power was fortunate enough to experience such a relationship with a teacher.

The Blue City describes his experience failing linear algebra. His experience dealing with adversity sounds a lot like some old Chumbawama song.

The Student Help Forum explains why students should blog. I agree completely, as long as you keep me entertained.

Musings of a Med Student helps us catch up on all of the new fangled fashion terms that we miss when we're too busy studying in school. I'd have to say this was the most entertaining submission - amazing how people can come up with such creative and fitting descriptions for bodily exposure.

Overall, I'd give this round an A! Please read the wonderful submissions for this carnival, and go to Blog Carnival to submit your articles for the next Carnival of Students!

StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great carnival! Nice work on everything that you have done.

January 26, 2007 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Krismastrees said...

Thanks for adding my article on procrastination to the carnival! Free beer tomorrow was a bit of an attention-getter. Perhaps I'll write a later one on "The perfect beer for online students" to make up for it :)

January 27, 2007 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Lost. Found. Lost Again said...

thank you so much for accepting my submission.... :-)

January 30, 2007 at 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great carnival. I just found it today. :) Great posts, I'll definitely be linking to some of them.

February 10, 2007 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home