Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Sunday Paper #7

This will be the last edition of the Sunday Paper for a while because I'll be taking a couple months long hiatus starting next weekend. I'll try and write a few more posts before I leave, particularly concerning summer travels and travails, so check back later this week. Without further ado, this week's Sunday Paper

Single Ma's Fabulous Financials discusses the difficulties faced when the Governor of Oregon spent a week eating on $3 a day, which is equivalent to the amount a typical food stamp recipient receives. I would have to agree with her assessment that people can eat pretty darn well off of food stamps. It's funny because one of my friends is on food stamps from Oregon, and he too would agree that it supplies him pretty well, despite the fact that he only weighs about 120-130 (but he has a high metabolism). Ridiculous that some people can get a show based on spending only $40 a day.

Raising4boys.com has a list of free or cheap summer movies for kids. I'm still a kid at heart.

Binary Dollar sells his body for money. I on the other hand, will work for even less, free food keeps me happy enough.

Mighty Bargain Hunter asks how much gas prices will have to increase for consumers to change their habits (excluding picking your nose and biting your nails, preferably not in that order). Sadly, rising gas prices takes a greater toll on the poorer segments of society, so they're going to be the ones who won't be able to afford to drive to work, etc.

Boston Gal's Open Wallet presents a story of people printing their own currency in western Massachusetts. That's a really cool idea, and given that we aren't on the gold standard no mo', it strikes me as a little more secure than the paper the rest of us carry around, pretending they have real value.

Frugal For Life showcases a pretty novel product that gives her free AC! I've also heard that those big house fans (I don't know what you call them) in older homes do the same thing, but I'm not quite sure how they work. If anyone is less lazy than me and would like to wiki it, post a reply here.

Get Rich Slowly explains how to care for your credit score. I just had to include this one because one of my friends called me about a week ago asking if he should cancel his credit card because he doesn't use it anymore. The answer? Hell no! Read GRS's entry to see why.

That's it for now. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home