Saturday, April 07, 2007

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Sorry for the lack of updates, just got back from spring break. Over the break, I read an incredible book, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, which has affected my view on consumerism even further. I've always been pretty anti-consumerism/materialism, but this book further reinforced my view. I think I've stayed pretty true to my anti-consumerism by promoting frugality, but I'll be looking at even more ways to eliminate spending, not reducing the cost of purchases. I'm also in the beginning phase of purchasing a house, so for those of you who are recent graduates or others looking to purchase a home, look for future articles on the topic.
StumbleUpon Toolbar

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, love this blog. Love it. When you mentioned purchasing a house I blurted out 'The Dave Ramsey Show!' He has a national radio show daily for 4 hours a day. Their mantra says "Where debt is dumb and cash is king." On the website daveramsey.com you can determine which radio station airs it in your zip code. You must give it a listen if you don't already. It's powerful and fascinating. Often, callers are students or people buying a house or trying to sell one. Like your blog, it's clear, concise, and valuable info. He has alot of do's and dont's and never's and alway's. With houses I learned to never get an 80/20 loan and never pay PMI. I've learned the fastest ways to "kick Sallie Mae to the curb" as he calls it when referring to student loans. Anyway, I kinda like it.

May 10, 2007 at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home