Friday, May 04, 2007

Got my mind on my pounds and my pounds on my mind

One thing I and many other fellow bloggers sometimes forget is that there is actually a fairly large international audience that follows blogs. Those of us in the States are used to thinking in our Americentric ways, but in reality, most people live in other financial systems which are governed by different regulations. While the rules for being frugal don't change in any system, how you allocate your savings or spend your money do.

That is why I was surprised when I was approached by Peter, who runs The Thrifty Scot. His site contains a collection of articles and a plethora of links to various offers, including credit cards, loans, mortgages, insurance, and banking, all for those who live across the pond in the UK. My surprise stems from the fact that this may be the first well organized site I've seen from another country, because I would expect more to be out there. I recall coming across a Canadian one, and the only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Personal Finance Advice, whose writer is an ex-pat living in Japan.

I am disclosing here that I am receiving a payment for the banner on the site, and although I've expressed my dislike of advertisements in the past, I am endorsing this one because I feel that it fits my criteria of being a valuable resource of information, and I had the choice of whether or not to have it on my site. So, if you're ever in need of finance in the UK, be sure to check out The Thrifty Scot.

StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home